Rotating Unbalance is the uneven distribution of mass around an axis of rotation.A rotating mass or rotor is said to be out of balance when its center of mass is out of alignment with the center of rotation (geometric axis).In this article,I am going to explain about What is the theory of vibrations due to unbalance in a detailed manner.
Explanation for the theory of vibrations due to unbalance:
Unbalance causes a moment which gives the rotor a wobbling movement characteristic of vibration of rotating structures.
This article mainly focus on
- Inherent unbalance in the systems
- Vibrations due to Reciprocating mass of engines
- Critical or whirling speeds of a eccentric rotor mounted on shaft.
The formulas related to above contents are described briefly in the PPT shown below.
Effects of unbalance:
- Unsafe work conditions
- Decreased life of bearings
- Increased maintenance
- Reduced machine life
You can also read about:
- What is the theory of vibration Isolation and transmissibility?
- What is Damped Free Vibrations?
- What is damped forced Vibrations?
The rest of the information with suitable formula’s were discussed in the PPT shown below.
Please Share the Content……