An unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) is commonly known as a drone and also referred by several other names is an aircraft without a human pilot.The flight of UAV’s may be controlled either autonomously by on board computers or by the remote control of a pilot on the ground or in another vehicle.This post mainly focus on,what is the Material Selection for Unmanned Aerial Vehicle(Drone) and is as follows.
- Major Requirements
- Materials used
- Material Selection
- Carbon fiber
- Rubber(for Landing Gear)
- Alluminium Alloys
- Titanium Alloys
- Uses of UAV’S
- Conclusions and Future scope
Explanation of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle:
ICAO classified unmanned aircraft into two types under Circular 328 AN/190:
- Autonomous aircraft – currently considered unsuitable for regulation due to legal and liability issues
- Remotely piloted aircraft – subject to civil regulation under ICAO and under the relevant national aviation authority.
- Historically, UAVs were simple remotely piloted aircraft, but autonomous control is increasingly being employed.
Applications of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle:
- Civil applications such as policing, surveillance and firefighting
- Non-military security work such as inspection of power or pipelines.
You can also read more about:
- Effects of minimum quantity lubrication on Turning Aisi9310 using vegetable oil cutting fluid
- What is smart note taker and where we can use it?
- What is the Present and Future scope of Powder Metallurgy?