A system is made to undergo a series of change of states such that it is in thermodynamic equilibrium at each and every state.Then the locus of all these states is called as quasistatic process.
- It is ideal and very slow process.
Example of Quasistatic Process:
If sand grains are allowed to fall one after the other on a piston-cylinder mechanism,then the movement of such a piston is called a quasistatic process.
Assumptions of Ideal gas:
- Molecular separation is very high.
- Molecules do not occupy any volume.
- The molecular collisions are elastic in nature.
- There are no inter-molecular forces of attraction are present.
The equation is given as:
R -Gas Constant(J/KgK)
You can also know about:
- Identify the signs of heat and work interaction in the following cases?
- What is the Difference between Reversible and irreversible process?
- What is the difference between Diathermic and adiabatic substances?
This is the complete explanation of Quasistatic process and listing the assumptions of Ideal gas which is shown in a detailed manner. If you have any doubts, feel free to ask from the comments section. Please Share and Like this blog with the whole world so that it can reach to many.