Machine Fault can be defined as any change in machinery part or component which makes it unable to perform its function satisfactorily is called as machine fault.In this article,I am going to publish about What is Machine Fault Signature and its Detection Techniques in a detailed manner.
Objectives of Machine Fault Signature and its Detection Techniques:
- Prevention of future failure events.
- Assurance of reliability,maintenance and safety of machineries.
Machinery problems or failures are due to:
- Shaft cracks
- Oil whirl
- Gear and Bearing Problems.
- Inherent weakness in material,manufacturing and design.
- Gradual deterioration due to Wear,Tear,Stress,Fatigue,Corrosion etc.
- Misuse or applying stress in undesired direction.
They detection techniques are shown below and are as follows.1.Visual Inspection2.Aural3.Wear debris
- Cost effective
- optical assistance
- Low cost aides e.g Fibre scope etc.
- Dye Penetrant Test.
The remaining detection techniques are presented briefly in the PPT which is shown below.
You can also read about:
- What are the methods to analyze nonlinear vibratory systems?
- What is the theory of Nonlinear and Random Vibrations?
- What is the theory of vibrations due to unbalance?