Design plays a vital role in the field of mechanical engineering.In this article,I am going to explain about what are the 6 phases in design and are as follows.
- Recognition of need
- Definition of problem
- Analysis & Optimization
The detailed explanation of these 6 Phases in Design are as follows.
Explanation of 6 Phases in Design:
The detailed explanation of the 6 Phases in Design are as follows:
1.Recognition of need:
The recognition of the need must be checked during designing or planning a program.One of the example for Recognition of need is the transportation system in which different aspects are to be considered and are as follows.
- Faster transportation system
- Transportation system should be Economical i.e initial cost and running cost.
- There should be lesser environmental pollution due to the transportation.
2.Definition of problem:
All the specifications are to be specified while defining a problem like What is the output for this problem etc.
The detailed explanation for problem definition was present in the video shown below.
3.Synthesis, Analysis and optimization:
- Firstly,Synthesis is to be done and later Analysis is to be made on the required component so as to analyze the deformations,stresses,strains etc present in the component.
- If the stress in the structure(which we had defined in the problem)is above the yield point,then it is a case of failure and we have to optimize it so that there should be no failure.
- If the stress induced in the structure is less than the yield point of the material then it is safe.There is no need to further optimize.
Evaluation and Presentation of the phases in design are discussed briefly in the video which is shown below.
You can also know about:
- What is the Introduction for different phases in Design?
- How to determine the location of shear center in the sections?
- What is the Clearance between Die and Hole in design?
This is the complete explanation of 6 Phases in Design which is shown in a detailed manner. If you have any doubts, feel free to ask from the comments section. Please Share and Like this blog with the whole world so that it can reach to many.