Welding is a process of joining two or more similar or dissimilar metals with or without the application of heat, with or without the application of pressure, with or without the application of filler material.
Therefore,In this article,I will be explaining about the explanation of all welding processes in detailed with the help of tree images.Welding processes is categorized as Fusion and (Non-Fusion & Pressure welding).
Fusion Welding,(Non-Fusion & Pressure welding) are further classified as follows which is represented by a tree diagram.
Welding Processes in Detailed:
Tree Diagram of Fusion Welding Process:
Fusion Welding Process:
By melting of parent material,if the joint is produced called as Fusion Welding Process.
Fusion Welding Process is further classified as
3.Chemical or Thermit welding
Gas Welding Process:
By burning of gases,if the heat required for melting of plates is obtained called as Gas welding operation.
Arc Welding Process:
By using electric arc,if the heat required for melting of plates is obtained called as Arc Welding Operation.
Chemical Welding Process:
By using Exothermic Chemical Reaction,if the heat required for melting of plates is obtained called as Chemical welding process.
Gas Welding is further classified as follows:
- OXY-Acetylene Gas Welding
- Air-Acetylene Gas welding
- OXY-Hydrogen Gas welding
- Atomic Hydrogen Gas Welding
ARC Welding is further classified as follows:
- AC Welding
- DC Welding – Classified as DCSP/DCRP
- TIG Welding – Tungsten Inert Gas Welding
- MIG Welding – Metal Inert Gas Welding
- SAW Welding-Submerged Arc Welding
Tree Diagram of Non-Fusion Welding Process:
Non-Fusion Welding Process:
Without melting of parent material,if the joint is produced called as Non-Fusion welding process.
With the application of pressure,if the joint is produced called as Pressure welding operation.
Cold Pressure Welding:
Joining of two metals at room temperature with the application of large amount of pressure called as cold pressure welding.
If two metals are joined at a temp less than -183 ̊C and with the application of large amount of pressure called as Cryogenic welding.
Resistance Welding Operation:
Eventhough the resistance welding is classified under non-fusion welding processes but it is a fusion pressure welding operation.
- The heat required for melting and joining of the plates is obtained through electrical resistance of the circuit.
- Electrode material is selected such that it should have the lower electrical resistance,higher melting point temperature and high strength.
- The most commonly used electrode materials in resistance welding are Copper,Tungsten,Copper-Tungsten alloy.
Resistance Welding Operation is classified as
- Fusion Welding Process
- Resistance Spot Welding
- Resistance Seam Welding
- Projection Welding
- Non-Fusion Welding
- Percusion Welding
On the whole,these are the different types of welding processes in detailed.I hope this article is helpful to you.
If you have any queries,feel free to ask from the comments section.
You can also look at this articles too:
- What is the detailed explanation of Electric Arc Welding with generic Features?
- What is the need of Pre-heating and Post heating in welding process?
- Welding Procedure on Mixing and NODULIZING DRUM
- What is Arc Recovery Time and Arc Characteristics in Electric Arc Welding Process?
Liked this article****Share it.