The units of pressure plays a vital role in the field of thermodynamics and heat transfer.Therefore,in this article,I am going to explain about the different units of pressure in a detailed manner.
Units of Pressure:
- 1 atm =101.325KPa
=760mm of Hg Column
=10.33 m of H2O Column
- 1bar =10^5 Pascals
=751.6 mm of Hg Column
- 1torr =1mm of Hg
- For High Pressures,go for ‘Hg’ manometers
- For Low Pressures,go for ‘water’ manometers.
Note:For calculations part,Vaccum and Guage pressures are not used.Therefore,Absolute pressure comes into picture.
You can also know about:
- What is the difference between Open,closed and Isolated Systems and identify the category?
- What is Quasistatic process and what are the assumptions of ideal gas?
- Identify the signs of heat and work interaction in the following cases?
This is the complete explanation of different units of pressure which is shown in a detailed manner. If you have any doubts, feel free to ask from the comments section. Please Share and Like this blog with the whole world so that it can reach to many.