A thermoplastic is a plastic material that becomes moldable above a specific temperature and solidifies upon cooling.In this article,I will be explaining about the top 10 properties of a thermoplastic material in a detailed manner.
Top 10 properties of a thermoplastic material:
- By heating the polymer,it turns as soft material.
- It is available in the form of solids at Room temperature.
- It is a recyclable process.
- Thermoplastic material in the form of solid is converted into Thermoplastic material in the form of liquid which is done by the action of heating and the Vice-versa also takes place in the another direction.
- Looses Strength:By heating the thermoplastic material it looses its strength.
- Gains strength:By the action of cooling,the thermoplastic material gains strength.
- Shape change:During cooling only,the thermoplastic material changes its shape.
- Temperature:The servicing temperature of a thermoplastic material is 150°C.
- Structure:The thermoplastic material exhibits Linear structure i.e. -CH2-CH2-CH2-CH2-
- The thermoplastic material is hazardous to the environment which is less when compared to the thermoset and rubber.
Examples of a thermoplastic material:
- Poly Vinyl Chloride(PVC)
This is the complete explanation of a thermoplastic material with its top 10 properties.Hope this article is helpful to you.