In cutting operation,work piece is stressed beyond ultimate stress whereas in forming operation,work piece is stressed below ultimate stress.In this article,I am going to explain about what are the different types of press working operations in a detailed manner.
Different types of press working operations:
The different types of Cutting operations are as follows:
- Lancing etc.
The different types of Forming operations are as follows:
- Squeezing and
Explanation of Cutting operations:
- Blanking:It is the operation of cutting flat shape from the sheet metal is called Blanking operation.
- Punching : It is an operation of making holes of different shapes from a sheet metal and is called as pinching operation.
- Notching: It is an operation by which metal pieces are cut from edge of a sheet or blank is called as Notching operation.
- Perforating: It is an operation by which multiples holes of smaller size are made in sheet metal called as perforating operation.
- Trimming: It is a process of removing unwanted material from the surface of the work piece called as Trimming operation.
- Shaving: The process of removing of thin strip of metal from the blanked part is called as shaving.It can be done after trimming only so that the strips which are not removed by trimming process are removed by shaving process.
- Slitting: It is an operation of making incomplete holes in a work piece called as slitting operation.
Explanation of Forming operations:
- Bending: In this operation, the material in the form of flat sheet or strip is uniformly strained around a linear axis which lies in the neutral plane and perpendicular to length direction of sheet metal.
The complete information about forming operations are presented in the video.
The detailed explanation about the different types of press working operations are shown below in the form of video.
You can also know about:
- What is Spring Back in Design?
- What is the Clearance between Die and Hole in design?
- What is the Second Theorem of CASTIGLIANO?
Types of press working operations are shown below :
This is the complete explanation about the different types of press working operations in a detailed manner. If you have any doubts, feel free to ask from the comments section. Please Share and Like this blog with the whole world so that it can reach to many.