Shaft feature is used to create a solid component but in circular cross section only.To model a solid component,it requires a sketch but for the utilization of shaft feature we require a sketch and a central axis.In this article,I will be explaining about how to use Shaft feature in CATIA V5 in a detailed manner.
The step by step procedure is to be needed to adopt the usage of shaft feature in CATIA V5 and is as follows.
- Shaft feature in CATIA V5 has different profiles and they are as follows.
- Shaft feature with thick profile
- Shaft feature with merged ends and
- Shaft feature with neutral fiber.
- Note:The sum of two angles must not greater than 360 degrees and @that angle only it can make a circular component.
- For instance,to model a circular component a sketch of circular cross section can be made.
- Extrude it with the design requirements by using PAD Feature.
- Take any cross section and draw an axis that should pass through the central axis and now use the Shaft feature to make a circular component.
You can also know about:
- How to use Shaft feature with merge ends in CATIA V5?
- How to use Shaft feature with Neutral fiber in CATIA V5?
- How to use Shaft feature with Thick profile in CATIA V5?
- The detailed explanation of how to use Shaft feature in CATIA V5 is shown below in the form of video.
This is the complete explanation for the usage of Shaft feature in CATIA V5 which is shown in a detailed manner. If you have any doubts, feel free to ask from the comments section. Please Share and Like this blog with the whole world so that it can reach to many.