Reference planes plays a vital role in the field of design.We need reference planes when there is a need to draw or sketch a model having highest complexity.For example ,a flower flask is sketched by the use of reference planes because of their irregular contour shapes.In this tutorial I am going to explain about how to use Reference Planes in CATIA V5.
Definition of Reference Planes:
A reference plane is a plane in 3D space used as the work space for drawing and the basis for other interactive actions. The initial reference plane is the XY plane. The reference plane may be any one of the three Cartesian planes (XY, YZ, ZX).
Explanation of Reference planes:
To generate a complex component by the usage of reference planes,go to
- Shape-Generative Shape Design-Click on ‘Plane’ option which is present in the tools section.
- A pop up box opens regarding the plane definition and choose any plane(let it be XY Plane).
- Provide the distance and no.of instances.
- No of instances resembles the no of reference planes to be chosen to draw a complex component.
You can also know about:
- How to use Line Profiles in CATIA V5?
- How to use Conic Profiles in CATIA V5?
- How to use Circular Profiles in CATIA V5?
- How to use Predefined Profiles in CATIA V5?
The entire explanation of reference planes in CATIA V5 is shown below in the form of a video.
This is the complete explanation about the usage of Reference Planes in CATIA V5 which is shown in a detailed manner. If you have any doubts, feel free to ask from the comments section. Please Share and Like this blog with the whole world so that it can reach to many.