Pocket tool is used to remove the material from any part of the work piece. To use this command, you should have to choose two tools. First is to prepare a solid model by using “PAD” tool and second, to remove the unwanted material “POCKET” will be used.In this article I am going to explain about How to use Pocket feature in CATIA V5 in a detailed manner.
The step by step procedure is to be needed to adopt the usage of Pocket feature in CATIA V5 and is as follows.
To use Pocket feature in CATIA V5,
- Firstly take any plane and let it be XY Plane.
- Draw a sketch of required dimensions.
- PAD it to the required diameter.
- Now choose the surface where you need to remove material and draw a sketch on it.
- Choose the Pocket feature and click on the sketches provided.
- Give the suitable dimensions so as to remove the material from the surface of work piece.
- That’s it.The unwanted material will be removed from the solid component by the usage of Pocket Tool in CATIA V5.
Also to be known:
- How to use Multi-Pocket feature in CATIA V5?
- All types of hole features which are used in CATIA V5.
- How to use simple hole feature with Blind as extension Type in CATIA V5?
The detailed view of Multi section Solid in CATIA V5 is shown below in the form of a video