The step by step procedure is as follows.
- Firstly,you should have to open about How to use Groove Feature in CATIA V5? and depending upon that further guidelines which are mentioned below holds good.
- Go to the existed groove and click on “groove feature”.
- A dialogue box opens and it contains First Angle,Second angle,profile,axis and Thick profile.
- Click on the check box provided for the thick profile in the dialogue box then another dialogue box will be opened in addition to the prior.The box contains Thickness 1,Thickness 2,Neutral Fiber and Merge ends.
- Click on the thickness 1 and thickness 2 boxes with the desired value.
- Thickness 1 is used to provide the surface area on the grooved region whereas Thickness 2 is used to remove the sides in both directions which are in contact with the groove.
Thereby the component is obtained by Groove feature with thick profile in CATIA V5.
You should also read:
- How to use Groove feature in CATIA V5?
- How to use Groove Feature with Neutral fiber in CATIA V5?
- How to use Groove feature with thick profile in CATIA V5?
- All types of Hole features used in CATIA V5
The detailed explanation for the usage of Groove feature with thick profile in CATIA V5 is shown below in the form of video.
This is the complete explanation of Groove feature with thick profile in CATIA V5,which is shown in a detailed manner. If you have any doubts, feel free to ask from the comments section. Please Share and Like this blog with the whole world so that it can reach to many.