Whatever the force required for ramming and compressing of moulding sand,if it is obtained from human hand,then it is called as hand moulding.In this article,I will be explaining about the Hand Moulding Method used in Casting Process in a detailed manner and also post about the Machine moulding methods which are in advanced to the Hand moulding methods.
The properties of Hand Moulding method are as follows:
- It is the cheapest method of mould making operation.
- Complex shapes of the patterns will be easily used in mould making without any damages to the pattern.
- Strength and Hardness of the mould is non-uniform because of non-uniform force applied by hand.
- The production rate is low.
The other method used for preparing the mould is Machine Moulding method.It generally consists of 4 opearations.By using these operations only,the mould can be prepared.The detailed explanation of Machine moulding operations are explained Here.
What Others are Reading about Casting:
- What are the different Types of allowances in Casting process?
- What are the 5 crucial steps of Metal Casting process?
- What is the step by step procedure for Investment Casting Process?
- Top 4 Machine Moulding operations used in Casting Process
Hope you understood this article.If you like this article,feel free to share and Subscribe to this channel.