14 M Codes that GATE Student must know in CNC programming: M codes plays a vital role in the CNC Part Programming. Majorly M codes are used to write the main programmes and Sub-Programmes in CNC Part Programming.Along with these M Codes,I will be writing about the Main Programmes and Sub programmes which are used in CNC Part Programming.But before these,as the GATE Exam is coming by,you should has to focus on those things which are really important i.e. 14 M Codes that GATE Student must know in CNC Programming.
14 M codes in CNC Part Programming:
However there are 100 M codes starting from (M00 to M99).But only 14 M codes which are really important in GATE Exam are presented below.
1. M 00 – Program Stop = G05
2. M 01 – Planned Stop = G04
Ex: G 04 F & M 01 F
In both the cases,the Stoppage duration was in secs.
3. M 02 – End of Main Program written without the use of Sub program.
4. M 30 – End of Main Program written with the use of Sub program.
5. M 17 – End of Sub Program.
6. M 03– Spindle Start (Clock wise)
Ex: M 03 S 500
Where S 500 represents the rpm of spindle.
7. M 04 – Spindle Start (Counter Clock wise)
8. M 05 – Spindle Stop.
9. M O6 – Tool Change
Ex: M 06 T 13
Here T 13 Represents that the Existing Tool is replaced by T 13 and T can be upto T 32.
10. M 07 – Coolant Pump No.1 ON
11. M 08 – Coolant Pump No.2 ON
12. M 09 – Coolant Pump No.1&2 OFF
13. M 10 – Clamping (Tightening Chuck)
14. M 11 – De Clamp (Releasing Chuck)
These are the 14 M codes that a GATE Aspirant must know for getting good marks in GATE exam.
If this article is helpful to you then please share this article on M Codes.In the next article,I will be providing the details about G Codes which are important for GATE exam below.Click on the link below.
What Others are Reading:
- Best 18 Govt PSU’s for Mechanical Engineering-Eligibility,Selection Process & Pay scales
- 28+Domains of Mechanical Engineering Projects 2017-2018
Sharing is Caring.So please do Share…